3.25.2014

A Brother is... (Crate Paper layout)


My three boys are super close and are the most amazing brothers to one another.  When I saw this typography print on Etsy, I knew I had to create a layout using it because it is the exact definition of brother that I hope my boys will always be for one another.  So, when Crate Paper issued the Boys' Rule challenge earlier this month, it was just the inspiration I needed to get this brother photo scrapbooked.

 
For this layout I used products from Crate Paper's The Pier, Fourteen, Snow Day, and (an old one) Seasons collections.  Hexagons have been all the rage for awhile but I decided to cut them up a bit to create more of an arrow shape.  Then I popped every other one up on foam squares to add dimension.  The BROTHER letters are actually transparent but I backed them with patterned paper so that they would stand out more from the background paper.  Then I punched little holes in the upper corners of each letter and strung them on the turquoise string.
 
The brads are from My Mind's Eye Collectable collection.

I already have this quote and photo up in my house in a larger scale but I love that now I have captured it in this layout so that my boys' will have it to look at 40 years from now.

Have a wonderful day!



No comments: